Monday, June 18, 2012


I read in a book at our beach house that walrus know well the value of touch.  I think of this, this morning, missing my mom, and feeling sorry for myself, having to be back at work today, instead of lazing around eating cold fruit and being entertained by my nephew (The Little Emperor).  Somehow, I wanted to bring back a piece of the ocean for you, but obviously this is not my picture, as there were no walrus at Myrtle Beach....

There were lots of fascinating bodies, however, and some very nice sweet tea in many establishments.


We also went to Charleston for a night (bonus!), although I was half-blind from a run-in with a lavender bottle at the time, but again, that's a story for different day. 

Half-blindness, two days on pain killers, and seven days with family with no squabbles.  Watermelon, lemonade, and cool cool sleeping quarters.  Yellow snapper, truffle-potatoes, and all the kale you could ever handle.  All in all, vacation was a giant (walrus-sized) success.

XO
***

6/20/12
Hi, Kara!
We haven't figured out how this whole blog is going to work, but what if I respond in italics below your post like this? And how about I respond with some classic walrus humor! Please go here at your nearest convenience and listen to the "The Walrus" track. Also, what is it about cold sleeping quarters at beach houses that makes you feel like you're living the dream? 
XO!
Amelia

No comments:

Post a Comment