Friday, April 20, 2012

Bear in Paris


Here he is looking out our apartment's window.


And now he's on his way to Versailles!

And now he's coming back from Versailles! What a trip.

1 comment:

  1. RE: Bear in Paris

    Aaaaa! Hi bear!! My mom and I had quite a train ride to Versailles and back, too, when she visited me in Paris when I lived there in college. That makes life sound so glamorous, and maybe it is. She flew over and stayed with me for a week, wearing her ubiquitous beret that she wore at home in Connecticut anyway, and her soft white scarf as we toured Montmartre and rode merry-go-rounds. She slept on a little twin bed in my room, which was actually my landlady's room, but that's a story for another time.


    We ate pizza and crepes and lamb together, and took my friend to a restaurant that had an eggplant on its wooden sign out front, and ordered dessert at every meal. We bought pastries that toppled over when we tried to eat them, and split small carafes of wine, even though we are both lightweights and can barely handle a half-glass ourselves. As far as I know, neither of us said anything embarrassing. I loved Paris most for its bridges, stupefying museums, and dirty, gray streets. But all I seem to talk about right now is the food, which is probably okay, knowing you.

    Anyway, I'm so happy you all went to Paris!

    Also, I really like your belly (by which I mean, the bear's!)

    XOXO, kara

    ReplyDelete